Thursday, July 28, 2011

Transformation challenge part 3

I've fussed about trying to get this design as uniform and symmetrical as I could. Let's just pretend I meant to make it more organic!

I drew the design on to freezer paper and ironed it the quilt back. Then I free-motion quilted on the lines, trying to fix up mistakes as I went.

This is the front of the quilt. Now I have to try to remove all the freezer paper, ready to quilt in the spaces. I also have a little bit of unpicking to do!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hearts for Christchurch: The Pick Up...

Below is a post about the Heart for Christchurch project. I can't wait to see the installation!

Hearts for Christchurch: The Pick Up...: "It happened in a flash. suddenly there was a truck at the gate and packages were being shifted. I ran for the camera and managed a few snaps..."

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Untied knot - half way

A bit more completed. The shading on the 'string' isn't showing up very well.  I've shaded all the string with fabric ink pen so that the under parts are darker.

This little iron has come in very handy on this project. There is lots of pressing under of seams. It was sold as a rhinestone applicator and has different attachments. Isn't the little iron so cute!

And I think the hole in my sewing table must have been made for this purpose. Look, the legs of the table even match the iron. How meant-to-be is that!