I've been playing around with my iPad and I made a little video tutorial with instruction on how to make this bag front.
And this is what is looks like after quilting.
The magnetic clasp only has a layer of lining between the contents of your bag and the metal prongs that hold it in place. I felt that could be a problem so I made this little bandage to go over the it. Usually I sew something over it but this time I decided to use this product that is designed to "glue" batting together. It's a web with a fusible side and it made a neat and quick bandage.
|The clasp from the front|
But back to my feet, the prongs went through a plastic mesh designed for making bags and then fold down and hold it in place. It makes a great base and the bag stands up nicely.
So I'm going to make two more of these bags and that's it! No more. I've got too many quilts I want to make!!
|Feet with plastic mesh. Looks like my other bags but is a big improvement.|
|Pocket for an iPad|
|Inside I made a pocket for a Kindle|